Monday 26 November 2012

Successful Direct Mail Marketing Tips For Real Estate Investing

Direct mail marketing is crucial to the success of any real estate investing business. Employing the right strategies for your direct mail campaigns means you will buy more houses, making more profits.

This article concentrates on success tips for your direct marketing campaigns.

Post Cards or Letters?

Which should you send for your direct marketing campaigns, letters or post cards? Your marketing needs can determine the answer to this question. Sometimes your training can determine the answer.

Before answering this question I have to mention that you MUST have targeted leads. You will get a better response if your leads are more targeted. No matter how effective your media is, the results will always depend on how well your leads are targeted.

The only people that receive letters in my business are probate leads. People who have inherited property have to go through the process of probate which can take several months. For this reason, I send them a letter every 30 days that is nice, personalized and sympathetic. After 6 months I do not contact them any more.

I use a red hand-written font to address the envelop.

Everyone else gets 2 post cards, spaced 30 days apart. I always like my post cards glossy with screaming colors and a real stamp. I always use a mailing label with a screaming color different from the rest of the card.

This attracts attention so they will not trash them with the rest of the mail.

I always get a local person to stick address stickers and stamps.
I drop my own mail at the post office! This way I control the timing of when most of my leads come in. I try to drop my mail by Saturday so that most of my leads will be around Tuesday and Wednesday.

Post cards

Post cards are cheap and easy to manage. $200 to $300 gets me around 5000 post cards. Postage stamp is the only major cost. The address stickers cost close to nothing. You can get stamps and address stickers done cheaply too. Craigslist is a good place to get people to do this work.

Regular letters

Regular letters are more expensive, will need a reliable printer and more work. Alternatively, you can have a generic letter printed for you. Since I have a good printer I prefer to print personalized letter myself.

I never have more than 100 letters at a time, so I can easily manage this.

 By Simon A Macharia

No comments:

Post a Comment